If you haven’t already had the chance to take a look at the videos of May 21 Interfaith Spiritual Travelers: Guidance from Ancestors, our conversation with Kaylynn Sullivan TwoTrees, I highly recommend it. It was a beautiful conversation that touched us all deeply.
Xiaojuan Shu, after participating in this circle, made an important connection for herself: the theme of “guidance from ancestors” with the ancient practice of filial piety from her roots in China. She wrote back to us: “Deep gratitude for Kaylynn’s time, deep sharing and wisdom and everyone’s presence and contribution to the circle! And I’ve just finished writing a piece of my recent learning from connecting to my Chinese roots–my blood family and my cultural roots. And I’d like to share the link with you all:
Awakening The Heart Of Kindness: Falial Piety In China
With Gratitude, Xiao
JUNE AWAKIN CALLS
There are a couple of upcoming Awakin Calls (global conference calls held every Saturday by the ServiceSpace community, and open to all) that may be special interest to members of the OWL community:
- June 10: Cheryl Angel. Cheryl Angel is an indigenous leader, a Lakota Elder, who was one of the leaders at Standing Rock. Colleen Choi lived with her in her tent at Standing Rock, and shared her story with us at the February 26 OWL Circle. Colleen will be interviewing Cheryl on this call.
- June 24: Debra Roberts. Debra was first speaker at our Jan. 8 Interfaith Spiritual Travelers Circle: The Sacred Path of Bees. This Awakin Call will be another opportunity, which will include many friends around the world in the ServiceSpace community, to witness Debra’s inspiring story. This call is not yet posted, so if you’re interested, please hold the date (Saturday June 24 at 9 AM Pacific) and check back in a week or two at Awakin Calls.
Reminder: June I’ll be taking some personal time for travel, camping in Pacific redwood forests, visiting family and friends — and doing a little blogging. 🙂 My new travel entries start next week. If you’d like to follow the blog, I’d be delighted. Just go to Aryae’s Blog, scroll to the bottom of the page, type in your email address and click “Subscribe.” I’ll be intermittently checking and answering email so please do feel free to contact me if you like.
In July I’ll be back home in Half Moon Bay, taking an additional month off for writing. We expect to resume the OWL Circles in August.
AN ONGOING INVITATION
If you’re feeling called at this time to try out taking a more active role in the OWL community, I’d love to hear from you! Remember — our mission is to be community of global citizens, aiming to support a course change for humanity by supporting each other. Here are a few ideas:
- Start your own OWL circle. It can be aimed at a topic, project or issue that you’re especially passionate about, and people that you’d like to connect with. It can go for a single session, or two, or many. We can list your circle on our calendar and newsletter, and provide support.
- Reach out to someone you’d like to see as a first speaker at an OWL circle. Work with Wendy on making this happen.
- Try your hand at interviewing a guest or two on regular OWL circles. I’ll be there as host to support you.
If you’re interested in exploring any of this, let me know and let’s talk!
Wishing you a beautiful summer, and looking forward to staying in touch.