Opening to the Universal Wisdom in Each Others’ Faith Traditions
|Reverend Canon Charles Giibbs
Founding Executive Director, URI (United Religions Initiative)
Founder, One World Lights
A monthly global video-conference circle of people from different cultures who practice different faiths and aspire to “deep ecumenism,” with each circle anchored by a spiritual leader from a different faith tradition. Each month we invite our guest to read a brief passage from sacred text from his/her tradition, together with opening comments about how he/she understands this passage. Then we open the circle for reflections from all participants.
Our first guest is also a co-creator, Reverend Canon Charles Gibbs in Maryland. He is an Episcopal priest who is an Honorary Canon at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco, and Founding Executive Director of URI, whose mission is to promote “enduring interfaith cooperation … to create cultures of peace, justice and healing for the Earth and all living beings.” For this circle, Charles read from the Parable of the Good Samaritan.
1. Charles Gibbs: Introduction and Reading
2. Charles Gibbs: Reflections and Question for the Circle
3. Circle: Libby Traubman, Usman Inuwa, Zilong Wang, Xiaojuan Shu
4. Circle: Wendy Berk, Aryae Coopersmith, Preeta Bansal, Ameeta Martin, Nipun Mehta
5. Circle: Mai Temraz, Offuh James Offuh, Mark Denni, Charles BuracK
6. Charles Gibbs: Closing Comments